Looking to get a license to haul a trailer or caravan? Pass your test right, the first time.
We have helped thousands of drivers pass their tests and drive around safely. Our lessons emphasise skills preparation so you can confidently pass your test and drive articulated vehicles without worrying for you or your passengers’ safety.
Code EB gives you the same driving permit as a Code 8 license, with the additional option of hauling a trailer and driving other forms of articulated vehicles, up to 3 500 Kg. This test is more challenging than the Code 08, due to the additional weight and length of the vehicle, but is usually quite manageable for experienced drivers.
A learner’s license is required to take the test.
What if I already have a Code 8 License?
Unfortunately, you will have to retake your learner’s test as well your driver’s license test, under the EB parameters.
What We Cover
- K53 curriculum – The theory behind the test, including the various: checks, rules, procedures, signals and markings.
- Vehicle controls – How to use and adjust the functions and features of the car to drive safely in various conditions. These include: headlights, windscreen wipers, emergency lights, rear-view mirrors, etc.
- Pre-trip inspection – The structured steps where you show the road worthiness of your vehicle and trailer to the examiner.
- Yard test – 20 min test of your vehicle handling and parking skills, carried out at the test station. This tests: parking, reversing, turning and alley docking.
- Road test – The 20-40 min practical test of your driving skills in navigating Gauteng streets safely and legally. To prepare, we include a mock driver’s test along your licensing centre’s test routes.
How We Make Sure you Pass
- Low-pressure lesson environment.
- Only fully insured, well maintained, dual-control vehicles are used.
- Test vehicle and lesson vehicle are the same.
- Structured modular lessons.
- We focus on both traffic preparation and test preparation.
- Fully-accredited, experienced instructors.
For for information or to book a course, contact us today.